What is Patient Abuse, Neglect or Mistreatment?
Some indicators include:
- Frequent unexplained injuries or complaints of pain without obvious injury.
- Patient complaints of assault, neglect for personal needs, verbal or emotional abuse by caregivers.
- Excessive delays in response to patient needs due to understaffing.
- Burns or bruises suggesting the use of instruments, cigarettes, etc. Passive, withdrawn and emotionless behavior.
- Lack of reaction to pain.
- Sexually transmitted diseases or injury to the genital area.
- Fear of being alone with caretakers.
- Obvious malnutrition.
- Lack of personal cleanliness and/or lack of clean linens and other supplies.
- Habitually dressed in torn or dirty clothes.
- Obvious fatigue and listlessness.
- Begs for food or water.
- In need of medical or dental care.
- Left unattended for long periods.
- Bedsores and skin lesions.
What is Medical Fraud?
To report Medicaid Fraud, Patient Abuse or Neglect, or Drug Diversion, please call:
(401) 222-2566 or (401) 274-4400 extension 2269